Kharotabad incident: Driver says his statement was coerced


Geo News

QUETTA: The driver of the foreigners killed in the Kharotabad incident said Sunday that his statement to the inquiry tribunal was not correct and he was forced by the police to make this statement, Geo News reported.

The driver Atta Mohammed said this during proceedings of the fact-finding mission chaired by the Prime Minister’s Advisor on Human Rights Mustafa Nawaz Khokhar. In his earlier statement the driver had said that arms and explosives were recovered from the luggage of the foreigners. He added that the police had told him that if he made this statement he would be promoted otherwise he would be at risk.

On May 17, five foreigners were killed by Frontier Constabulary (FC) personnel and police in the Kharotabad suburb of Quetta. They were alleged to be in possession of explosives and wearing suicide jackets.

Terming the killing of five Chechens in Akhrotabad, Quetta, last month as inhuman, the NA Standing Committee on Human Rights, on June 08, formed a fact-finding committee and directed it to submit its report within two weeks.

The committee set up a five-member fact-finding mission headed by Advisor to the Prime Minister on Human Rights Mustafa Nawaz Khokar and Kishwar Zehra, Farah Naz Asfahani, Raheela Baloch and Araish Kumar as its members.

Advertisements

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: